Covers mushrooms and other non-lichenized fungi that form multicellular fruiting bodies large enough to be seen with the unaided eye.
Browse by scientific name:
16 species, 0 subspecies and varieties
Show only taxa with photos
– western lawn puffball, western lawn puffbowl
– early bell morel, early morel, wrinkled thimble morel, wrinkled thimble, wrinkled thimble-cap
– bell morel, thimble morel, smooth thimble mushroom, smooth thimble-cap
Distribution: It is a widespread but uncommon species that fruits early in the spring in a variety of habitats including montane conifer forests.
– water club, aquatic earth-tongue
Habitat: Can be found on rotting pieces of wood that are very wet or submerged in cold water.
– silky rosegill, silky volvariella
– stubble rosegill, common Volvariella, showy Volvariella