0 subspecies and varieties
Show only taxa with photos
– California false morel, umbrella false morel
– elephant-ears, edible Gyromitra, lorchel, lorel, beefsteak morel, conifer false morel, edible morel, brain mushroom
– hooded false morel, saddle-shaped false morel
– snow mushroom, the walnut
Distribution: Occurs in early summer, often near melting snowbanks.
– ribbed-stalked cup, vinegar cup, brown-ribbed elfin-cup
– compressed elfin saddle
– fluted white Helvella, wavy lorchel, white saddle, saddleback
– brown elfin saddle, slender-stalked Helvella, smooth-stalked Helvella, flexible lorchel
Distribution: H. elastica occurs in summer and fall in both conifer and hardwood forests.
– sooty cup, white-footed elfin cup, white-footed elfin-cup
Distribution: H. leucomelaena is found in spring and early summer in conifer forests, especially along paths and roadsides.
– long-stalked gray cup, scurfy elfin-cup, felt saddle
– fluted brown elfin saddle
– fluted black elfin saddle, black Helvella, fluted black Helvella
– northwest landscape morel
– western half-free morel
– crustlike cup, rooting fairy cup, doughnut fungus, pine fire fungus
– early bell morel, early morel, wrinkled thimble morel, wrinkled thimble, wrinkled thimble-cap
– bell morel, thimble morel, smooth thimble mushroom, smooth thimble-cap
Distribution: It is a widespread but uncommon species that fruits early in the spring in a variety of habitats including montane conifer forests.