Show only taxa with photos
– grayish white Hydnum, drab tooth
– orange Hydnellum, orange spine, orange rough-cap tooth, orange tooth
– blue-gray Hydnellum, bluish Hydnellum, blue spine, blue tooth, bluish tooth
– concrescent corky spine fungus, zonate tooth, zoned tooth
– bleeding Hydnellum, strawberries-and-cream, devil's tooth, red-juice tooth
– rough Hydnellum, ridged tooth
– sweet-smelling Hydnellum, sweet spine
– black tooth
Distribution: Confined to the Pacific Coast.
Habitat: Common under Sitka spruce.
– zoned cork Hydnum, zoned Phellodon, woolly tooth
Distribution: Common in PNW and occur elsewhere in the northern U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Habitat: Conifer forests
Habitat: Often occurs in moss near western hemlocks.
– hawk-wing, scaly hedgehog, shingled hedgehog, scaly tooth
Habitat: S. imbricatus is commonly found in the conifer forests of the PNW and in either conifer or mixed forests in the rest of North America and much of Europe.
– bitter hedgehog, scaber Hydnum, bitter tooth
Distribution: Common in PNW
Habitat: S. scabrosus occurs in conifer forests in the PNW, especially in second-growth stands of western hemlock and Douglas-fir with a salal understory.