2 subspecies and varieties
Show only taxa with photos
– white-disc fibre-head
Distribution: I. albodisca has been reported from throughout the forested PNW, south to California, and east to New England
Habitat: I. assimilata is widespread in North America, Europe, and temperate Asia.
– green-foot fibre-head, green-foot fibrecap, scaly Inocybe
Habitat: Occurs in the Northwest American mountains in spring and early summer, often near melting snow
– pear fibrecap, fragrant Inocybe
– black nipple fiberhead, black nipple Inocybe
– white fibrecap, little white Inocybe
Common in the western U.S.
– torn fibre-head, torn fibrecap
– woolly Inocybe
Distribution: Fairly common in the PNW
Habitat: Occurs more frequently west of the Cascade crest
– lilac fiberhead, lilac fibrecap, lilac Inocybe
– blond hairy Inocybe
Habitat: Pacific Coast, Montana, eastern North America, and Europe.
Habitat: West-side old-growth forests.
Distribution: The distributions of I. pusio and the other lilac-stiped species are not well known, in part because of the differing interpretations of the taxa.
Habitat: near hardwoods and conifers
– straw-colored fibre-head, split fibrecap, deadly Inocybe
– pungent fiberhead, corn silk Inocybe
– blushing fiberhead, blushing fibrecap, blushing Inocybe