Include synonyms of this name.
Only include taxa of conservation concern.
The family, scientific name, and common name fields default to a partial text search that will return any names beginning with the values you enter. Example:
- Poly in the Family field will match the families Polygalaceae, Polygonaceae, and Polypodiaceae.
- Ranunculus in the Scientific Name or Genus field will match all scientific names beginning with Ranunculus.
- Ran in the Genus field and occ in the species field will match all scientific names where the genus begins with Ran and the species begins with occ.
Use a % symbol for additional flexibility in partial text matches. Examples:
- Pinus% in the Scientific Name field will match all scientific names beginning with Pinus (this is the same as omitting the % symbol).
- %occidentalis in the Scientific Name field will find all species or infraspecies ending with the epithet occidentalis.
- %var. occidentalis in the Scientific Name field will find all varieties with the variety epithet occidentalis.
- %hymenoph% in the Scientific Name field will find all names containing hymenoph anywhere in the name.
Limit your search to exact matches by placing an = symbol in front of your search term. Example:
- =Ranunculus occidentalis will match the scientific name Ranunculus occidentalis but none of the varieties of Ranunculus occidentalis.