Covers mushrooms and other non-lichenized fungi that form multicellular fruiting bodies large enough to be seen with the unaided eye.
Browse by scientific name:
26 species, 0 subspecies and varieties
Show only taxa with photos
– winter mushroom, velvet shank, velvet-foot, velvet-stalk
– shaggy-stalked Armillaria, sheathed Armillaria
– scaly yellow Armillaria, shaggy-stem
– amadou, tinder bracket, hoof fungus, horse's hoof fungus, tinder fungus, tinder polypore, tinderconk
– red-belted conk, red-belted polypore
Distribution: Occurring west of the Cascades crest in Washington; Widespread in northern North America and Appalachia in coniferous forests.
Distribution: Widespread across northern North America and Appalachia, on conifers and hardwoods.
– quinine conk, enfant-du-pin, larch fungus, quinine fungus, larch polypore
– red-belted bracket, red-belt conk, red-belted polypore, redbelt
Habitat: Occurs on conifers and hardwoods.
– oak conk, mustard-yellow polypore
Distribution: Widespread in forested temperate areas.
Habitat: Coniferous forests.
Distribution: Northern North America.
Habitat: Temperate forests.
Substrate: Dead conifers.